Friday, June 18, 2010

HUH

"Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits."-Thomas Jefferson

Life is a set of carefully crafted fantasies which we have chosen. Our words and thoughts and actions have been well bred and cultivated. So when we write we think of what we desire...however mostly writings are those sub-conscious thoughts that we have felt...or the conscious words we love to tread mince and measure.

This Monday as I was going to my work after almost a week, and it seemed like ages......yet when I manage to bide by the watch and take the early ride to work I love looking out of the window..staring at minuscule things and laughing inwardly, how such short moments of bliss can these things bring to my face...they can irk me...in such a way that I make an ugly face!!! And I am not ashamed if any one sees it....

Simply staring out at the space...still imagining faces of people ...images.... castles out of the clouds...well its so sweet and nice..yup very childish for my age..but if I don't take this simple fun and joy in...and don't observe these things I fear letting go of the child in me....well..well well...so much for the child in me to take pleasure in trivia...

Today (being Monday 21st of June- when I started writing this blog.)..as I stood...grappled for a decent stand to witness the making of men and history..a curious thought struck me....If these wall could speak...they would speak of men and kings and of chains and freedom ..of victory of vices and goodness..done in times of rarity...Later through the week witnessing turmoils in the very hall of fame..kind of mellows the aspiration...

and now its a lazy Saturday..and i hate a lazy day..ahhhh....and I realize as I come to the end of updating this blog of mine a funny incident which has left an impression..which occurred with me..

this Wednesday(23rd of June) As I took out my wallet..to pay the conductor, a shiny five rupee coin slipped out of my finger..and fell..had it fallen on the road i would not have regretted it, however it fell on the foot-board of the bus...at the very instance a grey haired well dressed man..i repeat a well dressed man was getting off the bus..he picked up my coin and put it in his pocket..looked at me and smiled...
I smiled back..it was then when this quote which I have quoted above came into my mind..!!!! SOME GOOD CONSCIENCE HUH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment